Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Bloodlines

Bloodlines by Richelle Mead

Release Date: August 23, 2011
Publisher: Razorbill
Pages: Hardcover (421pgs)
Age Group: YA
Genre: Paranormal/Vampires
Author Website: 
Overall Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
 
Description: The first book in Richelle Mead's brand-new teen fiction series - set in the same world as Vampire Academy.

When alchemist Sydney is ordered into hiding to protect the life of Moroi princess Jill Dragomir, the last place she expects to be sent is a human private school in Palm Springs, California. But at their new school, the drama is only just beginning.

Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, Bloodlines explores all the friendship, romance, battles and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive - this time in a part-vampire, part-human setting where the stakes are even higher and everyone's out for blood.
 
Review: This was a great book to read. It brought me back to reading Vampire Academy. There was a scene toward the end of the book, I felt like I was reading Frostbite. I was great.  All the minor characters is Vampire Academy are not the front runners in this new series. I was kind of skeptical about it at first, but it turned out being great.
 
I was not a big fan of Sydney in the beginning, but now that she is the main character in the new series I actually enjoyed Sydney. This book was redemption for her in my eyes. One thing I was very disappointed about was Adrian in this book. I am Team Adrian all the way, and I absolutely loved him the VA series. I was just impressed with him at all. I'm hoping the Richelle wrote him this way because he is still heart broken over Rose, and he will improve in the other books to come.
 
I'm looking forward to what the series has in store. I enjoyed the love story in this book, and I already believe where the characters are going to go by the last book.
 
Reading Order
Bloodlines
The Golden Lilly

No comments:

Post a Comment