Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Covet

Covet by J.R. Ward


Release Date: October 29, 2009
Publisher: Signet
Pages: Paperback (474 pgs)
Age Group: Adult
Series: The Fallen Angels #1
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Author Website: http://www.jrward.com/
Overall Rating: (4 out of 5 stars)


Description: Redemption isn't a word Jim Heron knows much about. His specialty is revenge, and to him, sin is all relative. But everything changes when he becomes a fallen angel and is charged with saving the souls of seven people from the seven deadly sins. 

Failure is not an option. 

Vin DiPietro long ago sold his soul to his business, and he's happy with that- until fate intervenes in the form of a tough talking, Harley-riding, self-professed savior. But then he meets a woman who will make him question his destiny, his sanity, and his heart. Vin has to work with a fallen angel to win her over and redeem his own soul.

Review: I have never read a romance novel before until I picked up J.R. Wards Black Dagger Brotherhood series which was recommended to me. After the first book I was hooked on her writing style. When I found out that she had another series I had to pick it up. This series kinda intertwines with the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. All the minor characters in there are now the main characters in this book. You don't have to read the other series before reading this one.


I have read many books about fallen angels and this one was very different. The main characters Jim died and sent back to earth to save 7 people from the 7 deadly sins because Heaven and Hell are at war with each other. Jim is the only one who can save the people on earth from destruction. I really enjoyed the twist that it gave with the 7 deadly sins.


I didn't think this book was very much a Romance like her other series, but it did have its moments. There was a great love story in this book that I did enjoy very much, she never disappoints in that department. Overall I did enjoy this book very much, and I love J.R. Wards writing. I love how I get lost in the story, and I invest so much in the characters. I'm excited to read the next book to find out who Jim is going to save next with his gang of fallen angels.


Reading Order
Covet
Crave
Envy

No comments:

Post a Comment