Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Secret Circle: The Captive Part 2 and The Power

The Secret Circle: The Captive Part 2 and The Power by L.J. Smith


Release Date: January 1, 2009
Publisher: Harper Teen
Pages: Paperback (390pgs)
Series: The Secret Circle #2-3
Genre: Fantasy
Author Website: 
Overall Rating: 5 out of 5 stars


Description: CAUGHT IN THE STRUGGLE BETWEEN GOOD AND EVIL...

Cassie has joined the most alluring and deadly in-crowd imaginable. But power comes with a price, and it's more dangerous than she knows. Torn between the dueling desires of the two leaders of the Secret Circle, she must ultimately choose between saving all of the New Salem, and her own dangerous love for bewitching Adam, which threatens to tear the circle apart. In the ultimate battle between good and evil, will Cassie's supernatural powers be strong enough to lead the coven out of danger? Or will she fall prey to the dark forces within?

...WILL SHE SACRIFICE HER LOVE FOR THE CIRCLE TO SURVIVE?

Review: I really enjoyed this book. It had a great ending and I was happy with the outcome. Her mother and grandmother still did not play a big role in this book, but my unanswered questions were answered, and I liked the outcome. 

This book was very suspenseful, and it had me stressed out for Cassie the whole time. I didn't see anything coming which is a good thing because I don't like it when you can predict the outcome from the beginning

It had a good ending, and Cassie did end up with the guy she was supposed to be with, but I really enjoyed the character Nick. I really wanted them to be together because he was so misunderstood and Cassie made him a better person. They had some really great scenes together that made me go AWE

Reading Order
The Initiation
The Captive
The Power

No comments:

Post a Comment