Wednesday, February 1, 2012

All Her Father's Guns

All Her Father's Guns by James Warner


Release Date: January 10, 2011
Publisher: Numina Press
Pages: Paper back (200pgs)
Age Group: Adult
Genre: General Fiction
Overall Rating: 4 out of 5 stars



Description: Cal Lyte, a gun-loving venture capitalist, is tired of paying alimony to his ex-wife Tabytha. Plotting to blackmail her and derail her campaign for Congress, he enlists the help of their daughter's boyfriend, British academic Reid Seyton, to unearth some Lyte family secrets. But the results turn out to be more than anyone bargained for, in an escalating cycle of revelations that will leave nobody's life the same.

Review: I received this book from the author asking me to read his book and review it. I am not much of a gun lover, but I will read any type of book and give it a chance before I judge. After reading the book, I did enjoy it more then I expected too. I actually found it funny and a little disturbing with all the revelations in the end. 

Cal is this gun loving man and his world revolves around them. If he is not working helping people start up new businesses, then he is cleaning, buying, or target practicing with his guns. He his is a black and white type of person. There was never a grey area with him. 

Then we have Reid, who is Cal's daughter's boyfriend. Reid was my favorite character in this book. He was confused and a little lost guy that was just going through the motions. I related to him because sometimes I feel like I just go through the motions in my life. He also helps Cal dig up dirt on his ex-wife. 

During the process of getting information on Cal's ex-wife, Cal and Reid get a little bit more then what they asked for. In the beginning of the book it seemed like it was a little predictable, and I thought I knew how the book was going to end. Some things to come to light at the end of the book that left me a little speechless. In the end, I couldn't help but laugh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment