Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Intangible by J. Meyers

Release Date: January 31, 2012
Publisher: Self published
Pages: Kindle
Age Group: Young Adult
Genre: Paranormal/Urban
Series: Book 1
Overall Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

Description: Twins Sera and Luke Raine have a well-kept secret—she heals with a touch of her hand, he sees the future. All their lives they’ve helped those in need on the sly. They’ve always thought of their abilities as being a gift.

Then Luke has a vision that Sera is killed. That gift they’ve always cherished begins to feel an awful lot like a curse. Because the thing about Luke’s ability? He’s always right. And he can’t do anything about it.

Review: I was given a copy of this book by the author herself. I'm glad that I was given the opportunity to read this book. I absolutely enjoyed it from beginning to end. While reading, there was not a dull moment throughout the book. Intangible is a short, quick read but J. Meyers was able to draw my attention and keep it there while I was reading. It is books like this that remind me why I enjoy reading. 

J. Meyers did a good job on developing her characters. Since it is going to be a series, a writer can not give everything away about their characters. In some ways, she makes Sera and Luke relateable with common events that go on in their lives that have nothing to do with their special abilities. At some point, we have dealt with death of a loved one, or having insecurities in yourself that will cause you to push people away. I know I have experienced these things through the years. 

She also does a great job putting a new twist as what we know the paranormal world to be like. There is a good mix of the paranormal elements, and these twins that are human just like everyone else but have special abilities they have to keep secret from everyone. The ending of the story leads you to believe the story of Sera and Luke is over, however the very last couple of pages leave you on such a cliffhanger. I'm looking forward to the next book in the series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment